Brent housing Partnership, later incorporated into Brent Council, established a business transformation programme and quickly assessed the need to greatly digitise its customer and staff facing transactions and business processes.
Digital First were appointed to work collaboratively with BHP to engage staff and build a technology, process and transformation baseline of the organisation that could prioritise the key projects required to support a step change in the organisation and a greater focus upon improving the customer experience.
Digital First worked closely to support BHPs digital transformation workshops, with the outcome of helping to improve the overall customer and staff experience and delivery efficiencies through digitisation.
In developing the digital strategy we:
- Undertook widespread staff and stakeholder engagement via digital transformation workshops
- Assessed the options for digitising the customer front end and a wider assessment of the back office systems, data and integration opportunities
- Developed a commercial business case for investment in a programme of digital transformation.
- Produced a detailed design and specification of over 100 business processes and the including multiple integrations to create an end to end platform
Key Results and Benefits
- A clear technical roadmap for incremental digital transformation to create a new customer digital platform
- Early rationalisation for the business applications portfolio generating over £200,000 per year in savings
- Agile development of a new housing portal design to drive self-service and a richer customer experience
- Production of a business case for change for a Dynamics 365 platform and wider savings of £600k annually – delivering an 18 month digital ROI