We therefore see this as a core service offering but essential if any digital journey is to be successful and the organisation can evolve and thrive
Building Digital Capability provides a sizeable challenge in the public and other sectors. It needs:
- Awareness – of the art of the possible
- A deeply committed leadership – to inspire and drive employees to thinking and acting disruptively and being prepared to think in more radical ways
- A new Management mindset – to remove the slow and pragmatic behaviours that often block innovation and fresh challenge
- Inspired and empowered employees – that have the space and ‘permissions’ to challenge the established ways and ask “why not?”
- Unshackled technology – to remove the often oppressive nature of information and data security towards a more genuine risk managed environment that protects vital data but does not stifle creativity
- A clear structure and process – the tools, skills and means to generate the ideas, develop the disruptive options and test the customer and service benefits so that a robust Digital ROI can be applied
- Continuous coaching, mentoring and support to drive forward the digital agenda
We believe that a pre-requisite to the above is to develop a curriculum of activities for different levels across the organisation.
DigitalFirst has a structured approach to doing just that and a very experienced group of workforce development, coaches and mentors that can help your organisation on this journey.